The Remuneration Report provides an overview of Geberit's remuneration principles and programmes, as well as information about the determination method for the remuneration. It also includes the remuneration of the members of the Board of Directors and of the Group Executive Board for the business year 2017. The report provides the relevant information to be considered by the shareholders when making their decision regarding the votes on the remuneration of the Board of Directors and the Group Executive Board submitted to the 2018 General Meeting for approval.
The report is written in accordance with the provisions of the Ordinance against Excessive Compensation in Listed Stock Corporations (Ordinance), the standards related to information on Corporate Governance issued by the SIX Swiss Exchange, as well as the principles of the Swiss Code of Best Practice for Corporate Governance of economiesuisse.
The report is structured as follows:
1. Introduction by the Chairman of the Nomination and Compensation Committee
2. Remuneration policy and principles
3. Determination of remuneration
4. Remuneration architecture
5. Board of Directors: remuneration and share ownership in 2017
6. Group Executive Board: remuneration and share/option ownership in 2017
7. Summary of share and option plans 2017
8. Summary of shares and options held by employees and management as of 31 December 2017
9. Report of the statutory auditor
For additional information on business development in 2017 see also Business and financial review.